Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Master Bath Finally Received Some Attention


Having now fallen in love with the bronze and gold glaze paints I used in my husband's office, I decided to take it a step further and use just that paint to paint my bathroom walls.  Yes. Just. That. Paint.  I'm certain I'm doomed for shoulder surgery in the coming years after these projects.  I have a new found respect for those who do faux finishes and glaze walls for a living.

The 75 year old French chandelier was a must in here.  Having purchased it at an auction with no idea what to do with it at the time, all I knew was that I had to have it.  In the midst of trying to restore it myself, I later found out it was not feasible financially to have it rewired.  I pulled the old wiring out, utilized steel wool and a pretty shade of off white spray paint and went to town.  A few crystals were missing, so I was able to replace those from a crystal prism website online and ordered a few extras to hang elsewhere throughout the house.  It is now a "candelier" and when lit, it adds beautiful ambience to our now romantic bathroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment