Sunday, January 15, 2012

Craving Raspberry Cupcakes & Anything Pink

With all the Valentine's Day decor popping up everywhere, I've been craving pink things which usually leads to anything with raspberries in it.  After having just received my giant frosting tips specifically designed for quickly and beautifully decorating cupcakes, it was time to satiate my cravings.

Using a simple white cake recipe, I add a touch of raspberry flavoring.  When the cupcakes are fresh out of the oven (and while they're still hot), I use a small melon baller scoop to core out the center of the cupcakes.  I quickly drop a dollop of raspberry jam (with seeds) into the cavity and put the plug back over the jam-filled cupcake.  Once the cupcakes are cooled, I frosted them with a combination of cream cheese and buttercream frosting with a touch of red food coloring and a generous splash of raspberry flavoring.

These cupcakes are so light, fluffy and incredibly tasty while having a great balance of sweetness (but not too sweet).  They simply taste like a burst of spring...even though it's going to freeze tonight!  Everyone loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment