Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Cookies & The Search For The Perfect Shoe

"Too pretty to eat!" everyone said




My favorite decorated snowflake of the 7 dozen I decorated

It was in 2011 that I decided to conquer the art of sugar cookies.  A few years ago, my attempt resulted in colorful words and both wasted sugar cookie dough as well as time.  Either I'm becoming more patient or I'm trying harder to pass on learned lessons to my daughters before they reach adulthood.

Godiva, the world's best white Schnauzer on our wedding day
I also learned that the art of sugar cookie making is just the tip of the delicate snowflake-covered iceberg.  Then there's the art of royal and flood icing!  Having felt I've mastered both in one year, I'm confident to set forth collecting cookie cutters as the sky is now my limit...sun shapes, moon shapes, cloud shapes.......... I was truly giddy when I found a Schnauzer cookie cutter that looked just like my white Schnauzer, aptly named "Godiva" after my favorite cocktail: White Godiva Chocolatini.

If any of you come across the perfect high heel or stiletto shoe cookie cutter, please let me know!  The one at Sur La Table and Hobby Lobby just won't do.  I've seen photos of those amazing high heel cookies, so I know the cutter is out there!  The search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment