Friday, February 24, 2012

Raspberry Addiction Competing for First Place with Chocolate

Ever get a sweets craving that just won't quit?  For the past two years, mine is usually a spongy white cake with a raspberry filling.  Undeniably, chocolate comes first, but this sweet cake is closing in on my sweets craving for first place.  I've found a variety of ways to substantiate making them when my craving strikes...here's a few ways I've presented them:

Daughter #3's 13th birthday cake...and the cake that started it all!

Some of our wedding guests had nut allergies (one layer was Italian Cream
Cake) so I opted to make the bottom layer white cake with raspberry filling.
It was a much-appreciated hit!

Daughter #2's sweet 16th birthday cake but with a snoyw-winter theme.  The butter cream frosting was also raspberry.

After I scoop out a hole in the cupcake with a melon baller, I inject raspberry filling into my cupcakes with a pastry bag and tip.  Then replace the cake ball I scooped out and top with raspberry-flavored butter cream frosting.
Guilty pleasure for one! Yes, please...

No comments:

Post a Comment